Our Latest Blog Posts
$0M+ Raised for Our Heroes
Each month, we give back part of your bill to trusted veteran support organizations.
Phone: (888) 367-7470
Mon -Fri 7am - 8pm, Sat 8am - 5pm CST
Frequently Asked Questions
For CenterPoint power outages at your home or business, please contact:
(713) 207-2222 or (800) 332-7143
CenterPoint Energy is responsible for maintaining the power lines, poles and other electricity equipment in your area. You can also click here to sign up for CenterPoint text alerts.
For Texas New Mexico Power electricity outages, please contact:
TNMP is responsible for maintaining the power lines, poles and other electricity equipment in your area.
No, we’ll take care of that for you. After you complete your enrollment, we’ll submit the switch automatically so your transition is seamless.
Your first bill will be delivered by email no later than 35 days after your service starts. Occasionally, first bills are delivered almost immediately after service begins, but it is always triggered when your TDU reads your meter.
If you think you missed it, check your spam folder or log in to your account to check your bill. You may also want to add noreply@VeteranEnergyUSA.com to your Safe Senders list.
People love options. Here are yours:
- Sit back, relax, and let Auto Pay draft automatically.
- Log in to your account online and click Pay My Bill before your Auto Pay draft date. People like this option because it allows them to make manual payments around payday.
- Call us at (888) 367-7470 and follow the prompts to use our automated telephone payment system.
Depending on your plan, your monthly bill may include five kinds of charges:
- Energy charge, which covers the cost of the electricity itself.
- Depending on the plan you’ve chosen, this may be split between a flat base charge and one or more per unit (per kWh) charges.
- Service fee, which helps cover Veteran Energy’s costs to maintain your account.
- Depending on your plan, your service charge may apply to every bill or only to months where your usage is above or below a certain threshold.
- Delivery and transmission charges from your Transmission and Distribution Utility (TDU), which cover the cost of delivering your electricity and maintaining the poles and wires.
- If you’ve selected a bundled plan, your energy charge includes these charges; otherwise, these charges are passed through to you separately.
- TDU metering and customer charges, which help cover your utility’s cost of metering your service and maintaining your account
- If you’ve selected a bundled plan, your energy charge includes these charges.
- Taxes, including the PUC Assessment.
While Veteran Energy supplies the electricity you use, your TDU owns your meter and the electricity lines. They physically turn meters on and off and perform all maintenance on the meters and electricity lines in your area.
If your plan includes pass-through TDU charges, they will appear as two line items on your bill, and you may notice them changing from time to time.
TDU charges include your local utility’s customer charges, metering charges and delivery charges. They represent the cost of maintaining the poles and wires, transporting the electricity to your home or business, storm restoration and related charges.
The PUC sets these charges, which pass through to you without markup. Because each line reflects regulated charges that can change based on the utility’s approved tariff and other factors such as the cost of providing service, the flat TDU Metering and Customer Charges and the per-kWh Delivery and Transmission Charges may vary from month to month.
In most cases, yes! You will get your deposit back. Your deposit is fully refundable—with interest—after 12 months of timely consecutive payments.
If you’re past due and need a little extra time, call us at (888) 367-7470. In most cases, we can schedule a payment arrangement with you.
Under the arrangement, you’ll need to pay the past due balance by an agreed-upon date—failure to do so could keep us from being able to make similar arrangements in the future.